欢迎访问范文百科-您身边的写作助手!

BBC步入商界Unit 13 Traveling on Business 商务旅行

范文百科 分享 时间: 加入收藏 我要投稿 点赞
unit 13 Traveling on business 商务旅行

clive harris: we have direct competition from j.k. toys.
克莱夫.哈里斯:我们面临j.k.玩具公司的直接竞争。

we have to make sure that the sales and marketing campaign for big boss is the best we have ever done.
我们一定要确保“大老板”的销售和营销攻势是我们做的最好的一次。

so we are going to have to make an extra effort.
所以我们要做出额外的努力。

we have brought the launch date forward to january 15th.
我们把上市日期提前到1月15日。

it will be very tight, but i am sure that we can make this deadline.
时间会很紧,但我相信我们做的到。

do you agree?

so, let' s just outline what we are going to do.
那么,我简单地说明一下我们要做的事情。

kate, i think you should get the sales people in the states together as soon as possible.
凯特,我想你应该尽快组织好美国的销售人员。kate mckenna: okay, i' ll be on the first available flight.
凯特.麦凯纳:好的,我做最早的班机去。

clive harris: you ought to make sure that they understand how important this big boss project is.
克莱夫.哈里斯:你要确保他们明白“大老板”这个项目的重要性。

kate mckenna: should i talk to our uk agents as well?
凯特.麦凯纳:我要不要也同英国的代理打个招呼?

clive harris: no, i think you ought to leave that to don.
克莱夫.哈里斯:不,我想这个还是让堂处理吧。

kate mckenna: okay.
凯特.麦凯纳:好的。

clive harris: derek, i think you should visit the component suppliers that don saw last week.
克莱夫.哈里斯:德里克,我认为你应该去参观一下堂上周看过的部件供应商。

confirm that they can meet these new deadlines.
确认他们可以在新的期限前完成供应。

it抯 essential that they deliver on time, on spec and on price.
他们按时、按规格、按价交货是必需的。

derek jones: okay.
德里克.琼斯:好的。

clive harris: don, what are your plans?
克莱夫.哈里斯:堂,你有什么计划?

don bradley: i have arranged to go to see some of our overseas franchise holders next week.
堂.布拉德利:我已经安排了下周去见见我们海外的特许经营权者。

clive harris: what countries are you going to?
克莱夫.哈里斯:要去哪些国家?

don bradley: i' m going to italy, egypt and germany.
堂.布拉德利:我会去意大利、埃及和德国。

clive harrisl: i don' t think you should go, don.
克莱夫.哈里斯:我认为你不应该去,堂。

i think you ought to stay at head office.
我认为你应该留在总部。

it' s essential that you co-ordinate the new launch strategy.
由你来协调新的上市策略才是重要的。

don bradley: okay. i don' t want to cancel those meetings.
堂.布拉德利:好的。我不想取消这些会议。

could i send edward?
我可以派爱德华去吗?

clive harris: do you think he' s ready for that?
克莱夫.哈里斯:你认为他已胜任了吗?

don bradley: edward is very capable and i think a little international business travel will broaden his horizons.
堂.布拉德利:爱德华很胜任,我认为有些国际商务旅行的经历会开阔他的眼界。

clive harris: yes, certainly.
克莱夫.哈里斯:是的,当然。

send edward, but you ought to brief him very carefully.
就派爱德华去吧,但你要仔细地向他作交代。

don bradley: sure.
堂.布拉德利:当然。

clive harris: good. i' ll talk to the bank.
克莱夫.哈里斯:好。我会同银行谈。

i' ll try to re-schedule the loan.
我要设法重新安排贷款。
it won' t be easy.
这事不会容易。

don bradley: geraldine, have you see edward?
堂.布拉德利:杰拉尔丁,你看见爱德华了吗?

geraldine: he was here a second ago.
杰拉尔丁:他刚刚还在这儿。

don bradley: thanks.
堂.布拉德利:谢谢。

jenny, i am not going to be able to make the meeting with the franchise holders next week.
詹妮,我下周不能同那些特许经营权者会面了。

jenny boss: oh, i have just finished typing up your itinerary.
詹妮:哦,我才打完你的行程表。

don bradley: sorry.
堂.布拉德利:对不起。

ah, edward, are you interested in a little foreign travel?
啊,爱德华,有没有兴趣到国外旅行?

edward green: yes. very.
爱德华.格林:有。很有兴趣。

don bradley: how would you like to go to italy on tuesday?
堂.布拉德利:周二去意大利怎么样?

edward green: that would be very nice.
爱德华.格林:那太好了。

don bradley: good. and egypt on thursday?
堂.布拉德利:好。周四去埃及?

edward green: oh yes!
爱德华.格林:哦,好!

don bradley: and then back via frankfurt.
堂.布拉德利:然后经由法兰克福回来。

edward green: how much cash do you think i should take?
爱德华.格林:你认为我该带多少现金?

don bradley: ah, you don' t have a corporate charge card.
堂.布拉德利:啊,你没有公司赊帐卡。

cash is going to be a bit of a problem.
现金会有点小问题。

we' ll give you an advance against expenses.
那就先预支费用吧。

edward green: should i entertain any of the clients?
爱德华.格林:我要不要招待这些客户?

don bradley: i' ll give you a full briefing before you go.
堂.布拉德利:你出发前,我会详细地向你说明。

but yes, i don' t see why not.
当然要,为什么不要。

you should buy mr. lang in germany a meal.
你应该请德国的郎先生吃餐饭。

we owe him hospitality.
我们欠他的情。

in fact, he always pays for everything.
实际上,一直是他买单。

jenny ross: when you get to italy, mr. barbetti, the assistant sale manager, will meet your flight.
詹妮.罗斯:你到意大利时,助理销售经理巴伯蒂先生会在机场接你。

he' ll be at arrivals at milan airport.
他会在米兰机场的入境大厅等你。

edward green: how will i know who mr. barbetti is?
爱德华.格林:怎么才知道谁是巴伯蒂先生呢?

jenny ross: i' ll make sure he' s carrying a bibury systems brochure.
詹妮.罗斯:我会让他拿本bibury系统公司的手册。

don bradley: don' t spend too much on room service.
堂.布拉德利:别在客房服务上花太多的钱。

and get a receipt for everything.
办什么事都要拿收据。

hotel receptionist: how may i help you?
宾馆接待员:我能帮忙吗?

kate mckenna: i' d like to send a fax to london, please.
凯特.麦凯纳:我要发份传真到伦敦。

hotel receptionist: of course.
宾馆接待员:当然可以。

if you could fill out this form and give it back to me, we' ll send it off straight away.
请填完这份表,再还给我,我们就马上帮你传。

kate mckenna: and could i buy a street map of atlanta?
凯特.麦凯纳:我能买一份亚特兰大的地图吗?

hotel receptionist: please have it with our compliments.
宾馆接待员:请接受我们的心意,免费送给你。

have a nice day.
祝你有个愉快的一天。

kate mckenna: thank you.
凯特.麦凯纳:谢谢。airport announcer' s voice: passenger clark please contact information desk.
机场广播员:克拉克乘客请与机场询问处联系。

check-in steward: thank you. have a good flight.
登机乘务员: 谢谢。祝您旅行愉快!

could i have your ticket and passport, please?
看一下您的机票和护照好吗?

good afternoon, mr. green.
下午好,格林先生。

smoking or non-smoking?
吸烟仓还是非吸烟仓?

edward green: non-smoking, please.
爱德华.格林:非吸烟仓。check-in steward: would you like a window or aisle seat?
登机乘务员:喜欢做靠窗还是过道的座位?

edward green: a window seat, please.
爱德华.格林:靠窗的座位。

check-in steward: and do you have any luggage?
登机乘务员:您有没有行李?

edward green: just one suitcase and one piece of hand luggage.
爱德华.格林:就一个公文包和一个手提箱。

check-in steward: put it on the scales, please.
登机乘务员:请把它放在秤上。

that' s fine mr. green.
没问题了,格林先生。

here' s your boarding card.
这是您的登机牌。

boarding at gate 3 in about half an hour.
请在半小时后在3号登机口登机。

the duty free lounge is through passport control and turn left.
免税休闲室要检验护照,请左转。

edward green: thank you.
爱德华.格林:谢谢。

kate mckenna: hello. are there any message for me?
凯特.麦凯纳:你好。有我的留言吗?

i' m in room 1637.
我是1637房。

hotel receptionist: yes, ms. mckenna, there is a fax here and a telephone message.
宾馆接待员:有的,麦凯纳女士,这里有份传真和电话留言。

kate mckenna: thank you...oh and i wonder if you could help me.
凯特.麦凯纳:谢谢……哦,你能不能帮下我?

a colleague of mine wants to meet me at this restaurant.
我的一位同事想在这家餐馆跟我见面。

could you tell me the best way of getting there?
你能告诉我去那儿怎样走最快捷吗?

hotel receptionist: well, it' s a five minute walk or you can get a cab.
宾馆接待员:嗯,走路要5分钟,或者你可以叫辆的士。

would you like us to call a cab for you?
要我们帮你叫辆的士吗?

kate mckenna: that' s very kind of you, but i would like to walk.
凯特.麦凯纳:你太好了,不过我想走路去。

could you tell me where i am on this map?
你能在地图上指出我现在的位置吗?

hotel receptionist: right.
宾馆接待员:没问题。

we are here. the restaurant is there.
我们的位置在这儿。

so you take a right outside the hotel, here, and it' s a couple of blocks down.
餐馆在这里。所以你出宾馆后右转,就在这里,下去几个街区就到了。

the entrance is just off the side-walk.
入口就在人行道边上。

kate mckenna: thank you.
凯特.麦凯纳:谢谢。

jenny ross: edward, did you have a good journey?
詹妮.罗斯:爱德华,旅行还好吧?

edward green: excellent.
爱德华.格林:很好。

i brought you back a little souvenir.
我给你买了一点纪念品。

jenny ross: edward! thank you and how was your meeting with mr. lang in frankfurt?
詹妮.罗斯:爱德华! 谢谢,在法兰克福跟郎先生的会面怎样?

edward green: very successful, i think.
爱德华.格林:我认为,很成功。

jenny ross: did you go for a meal?
詹妮.罗斯:你们有没有一起吃饭?

edward green: a very good meal. we had...
爱德华.格林:美餐了一顿。我们点了……

jenny ross: and who paid for it?
詹妮.罗斯:谁买的单?

edward green: i did. or rather bibury systems did.
爱德华.格林:我买的。或者应该是bibury系统公司。

jenny ross: how did you manage that?
詹妮.罗斯:你怎么做到的?

edward green: just before the bill came, i asked to be excused and then i paid the waiter.
爱德华.格林:就在他们把帐单拿来之前,我找借口离开就付了款。

kate mckenna: i' d like to check out, please.
凯特.麦凯纳:我要结帐。

hotel receptionist: certainly madam.
宾馆接待员:当然,夫人。

have you taken anything from the minibar this morning?
您今天上午有没有在房间的冰箱里取过东西?

kate mckenna: no. there are two bags in my room.
凯特.麦凯纳:没有。我房间里还有两个包。

hotel receptionist: i' ll just call the bell captain.
宾馆接待员:我叫领班帮您拿。

here is your final account.
这是您的最终帐目。

is something wrong?
有问题吗?

kate mckenna: no. i' m just not certain what this item refers to.
凯特.麦凯纳:没有。我只是不大清楚这项是指什么。

hotel receptionist: ah...let me check...that' s a deposit against the use of the conference facilities on thursday.
宾馆接待员:啊……我查查……那是周四使用会议设施的定金。

kate mckenna: oh, i see.
凯特.麦凯纳:哦,明白了。

could i have a separate receipt for that please?
帮我分开开收据好吗?

hotel receptionist: of course, madam.
宾馆接待员:当然可以,夫人。

i' ll just print one out for you.
我马上给您打印一份。

kate mckenna: and can i just double check that i' m booked in here for two nights, starting wednesday.
凯特.麦凯纳:我能再核实一下吗?我预定了两个晚上,从周三开始,对吗?

hotel receptionist: that' s right ms. mckenna.
宾馆接待员:对,麦凯纳女士。
we look forward to seeing you again on wednesday evening.
我们盼望周三晚上再见到您。

精选图文

221381
领取福利

微信扫码领取福利

微信扫码分享