为了让大家更好的准备商务英语BEC考试,小编给大家整理BEC中级口语练习,下面小编就和大家分享,来欣赏一下吧。
BEC中级口语练习:面试着装问题
Ⅰ.核心学习:Let's Learn How to Find a Job! 找工作
Billy: How's business?
比利:今天怎么样?
Michael: Better than usual. I have a few interviews this week.
迈克尔:比平常要好。我本周有几个面试。
Michael: What are we going to learn today?
迈克尔:我们今天要学什么?
Billy: This time we will learn the basics of a job interview with a foreign company.
比利:这次我们要学外企工作面试的基本知识。
Michael: I would love to get a good job at a foreign company. Tell me more. Go on!
迈克尔:我想在外企找到一份好工作。多告诉我。继续吧!
Ⅱ.单词简析
1) Casual : easy going, not serious
轻松、休闲
ex:On the weekends I wear casual clothes.
周末的时候我都穿休闲服。
2) Concern : dealing with
关系到
ex:Pollution concerns us all.
污染是关系到我们大家的问题。
3) Fit in : belong to or work well with
适应
ex:It is important to fit in at work.
胜任工作是非常重要的事情。
4) Recommendation : a supporting of/a praising letter
推荐
ex:The playboy named Bill is my recommendation for president.
我所推荐当总统的是那个叫比尔的花花公子。
Ⅲ.课文篇
What you WEAR to an interview is the second most important factor in making a good first impression. First you should KNOW the company. While you are researching the company, visit the office and take a look at how the staff is dressed. SEE WITH YOUR OWN EYES what the employees are wearing. Then for the interview, try to dress in a similar way. If they are all dressed in a suit and tie, then you should dress in a suit and tie. Take care to note if the ties are solid colors or a mix of colors. If the women employees wear long skirts, then women should wear a long skirt. If employees wore a casual shirt with no tie, you should wear a casual shirt with no tie. If the women all wear pants, you should wear pants. If you see some people dressing casually and others dressing formally, IT IS ALWAYS BETTER TO DRESS A LITTLE BIT MORE FORMALLY.
面试的时候所穿服装是给对方下良好印象的第二个重要因素。首先你应该了解你所应聘的公司。在对所应聘的公司进行研究时,先拜访公司并观察那里的工作人员的着装,亲眼观察你所应聘的公司职员的着装,然后准备去面试,尽量穿同类的服装。如果你所应聘的公司职员穿西服系领带,那么你也应该穿西服打领带去面试。留心领带的颜色是单色还是混合色。如果公司的女性职员身穿长裙,女性应聘者也应穿长裙去面试。如果公司的女性职员穿短裙不系领带,那么女性应聘者也应穿短裙不系领带,而应穿休闲衬衫并不系领带。如果公司的女性职员 都穿长裤,那么你也应穿长裤。如果看到公司职员有些穿着休闲,有些则穿着正式,那么,穿正式一些的服装总是比穿休闲服装要好一些。
Being able to FIT IN (to belong and get along with the other employees) is very important. The interviewer will use this first impression to decide if you can work well with the other employees.
能够与周围环境和睦相处也很重要。面试官会利用面试的第一印象来决定是否你能与其他同事和睦相处。
Another important impression, is one that the employer gets from reading letters of recommendation from your references. Your reference include helpful teachers or old bosses who liked the way you worked. Your teacher or boss will write a letter describing your good qualities.
另一个重要印象是面试者从阅读你的推荐信来获得的。你的推荐人包括那些对你有帮助的老师和欣赏你的工作方式的前任老板。你的老师或前任老板会写一封推荐信,描述你的优点。
Ⅳ.对话篇
Molly: Gordon, long time no see?
莫莉:戈登,好久不见了?
Gordon: That's right. Long time no connect. What have you been up to?
戈登:没错。好久没联系了。你在忙什么?
Molly: I still hunger to find a job at a foreign company.
莫莉:我仍然渴望在一家外企公司找到一份工作。
Gordon: Have you prepared for an interview?
戈登:你做了面试的准备了吗?
Molly: Sure, you bet. I guess. Well, I did a little. What should I do?
莫莉:当然了,你说对了,我觉得。唔,我做了一点准备。我应该做什么?
Gordon: You had better write one resume, then write a cover letter to each individual company. Next, visit the companies to see if they wear formal or casual clothes. Then you should get a few letters of recommendation from your past teachers and bosses.
戈登:你最好写一份简历,然后给每家公司写一份信函。接着去拜访公司,看看他们的着装正式与否,然后让你以前的老师或者老板给你写一些推荐信。
Molly: Thanks a bunch, I owe you one.
莫莉:多谢了,我感激你。
Gordon: Don't mention it, anything for you.
戈登:没事,愿为你两肋插刀。
Molly: Great, then will you write a letter of recommendation for me?
莫莉:太好了,那你会给我写一封推荐信?
Gordon: Well, you were my personal secretary for a year. It would be my pleasure to be one of your references and write a letter of recommendation.
戈登:唔,你做了一年我的个人秘书。做你的一个介绍人,给你写一封推荐信是我的荣幸。
Molly: I really appreciate it. Thanks a million.
莫莉:我真的很感激,多谢了。
BEC中级口语练习:肢体语言与握手
Ⅰ.核心学习:Let's Learn How to Find a Job! 找工作
Billy: How's business?
比利:今天怎么样?
Michael: Better than usual. I have a few interviews this week.
迈克尔:比平常要好。我本周有几个面试。
Billy: What are we going to learn today?
比利:今天我们将学些什么呢?
Michael: This time we will learn more of the basic rules of interviewing for a job with a foreign company.
迈克尔:这次我们将学习更多的寻找外企工作的基本规则。
Michael: How does it handle?
迈克尔:开起来感觉怎么样?
Billy: I would love to get a good job at a foreign company. Tell me more. Go on...
比利:我很想在外企找到一份好工作。告诉我更多的技巧吧,开始啊。
Ⅱ.单词简析
1) Believes in UFOs : think there are aliens from the stars
相信飞碟的人
ex:My girlfriend believes in UFO and she thinks Elvis is alive in Beijing!
我的女朋友相信飞碟的确存在,而且她还认为猫王还活着,就住在北京。
2) Best bet : the wisest choice
最佳选择
ex:Demi Moore is the best bet for a sexy dancer.
戴咪·摩尔是性感舞女的最佳人选。
3) Delicate : something easily broken
脆弱的
ex:The vase is very delicate.
这个花瓶很容易碎。
4) Entire (body) : the whole (body)
全部,整体
ex:After I work out, my entire body aches.
在锻炼后,我全身都疼。
5) First Impression : how you feel about a person when you just meet them
第一印象
ex:He gave me a good first impression. First impressions last forever.
他给我的第一印象很好。第一印象持续永远。
6) Relevant : important now
现在重要的
ex:Pollution is a relevant topic all over China.
在中国,污染问题是一个人人关注的话题。
Ⅲ.课文篇
The single most important use of body language (speaking without words) in the interview is the handshake. In the West, it is customary to state your name as you shake the hand of the interviewer. How and how long you shake hands is very important as this polite touching of the hands is very important in the first impression. As you know, many people are judged by first impressions, so be sure to make a good one that shows you are hard working and professional. To do this you must pick a handshake that is also professional.
面试中最重要的单一身体语言(不用言语表达)是握手。在西方,习惯的做法是在与面试者握手时告诉对方你的姓名。如何握手以及握手的时间长短是非常重要的,因为这种手与手之间的礼貌接触在给对方留下第一印象时是很重要的。正如你所知道的,许多人通过第一印象来判断一个人,因此,确保握手要得体,以说明你工作努力,富有专业精神。要做到这一点你必须挑选一种职业性的握手方式。
1. THE DEAD FISH HANDSHAKE: a very, very, very soft touch of the interviewer's hand. The DEAD FISH handshake shows fear and lack of confidence. This is NOT professional. In addition, it shows you are weak and not assertive. You must present yourself as an able worker who works well with others, so do NOT use the FISH handshake
死鱼式握手:非常非常非常柔软地与面试者的手接触。死鱼式握手流露出害怕与缺乏自信,这不专业。此外,它还说明你软弱不果断。你必须展示出你是一个能很好地和其他人一起工作的人,因此,不要使用死鱼式握手。
2. THE ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER HANDSHAKE: a hard, hard squeeze of the interviewer's hand. The ARNOLD handshake shows that you are trying too hard to get the job. This is NOT professional. It also shows fear and is extremely unfriendly. It may even make the interviewer afraid or uncomfortable, in which case she/he will definitely say: "DON'T CALL US, WE'LL CALL YOU!" (this means they do NOT want you at their company).
阿诺德·施瓦辛格式握手:很紧很紧地捏住面试者的手。阿诺德式握手表露出你过分努力想得到该工作,这不专业。它还说明畏惧与极度不友好。它还可能使面试者感到害怕或者不舒服。在这种情况下他/她绝对会这么说,“不要给我们打电话,我们会打给你!”(这意味着他们不想要你)。
3. THE PULL AND JERK HANDSHAKE: a yanking, or pulling of the interviewer's entire arm, moving their entire body. This is NOT professional. The PULL AND JERK handshake is made for when you see an old friend after a long time apart. Although it shows you are friendly, it expresses that you can not handle yourself in a business manner. It has NO place in the interview.
拽拉式握手:拽拉或者猛拉过面试者的整个胳膊,将他们的这个身体移过来,这不专业。拽拉式握手是你在和一个长时间分离的老友见面时使用的。尽管它表示你很友好,却说明在商务礼仪中你不能把握自己。
4. THE TWO-HANDED HANDSHAKE: when you use two hands to grab the interviewer's one hand. This is NOT professional. It is true that it shows kindness and affection, but it gives the feeling that you are taking care of the interviewer like a mother takes care of a baby. In China, the TWO-HANDED handshake is a very common between family members and friends, but it has NO place in the interview.
双手式握手:当你用两只手抓住面试者的一只手时,这称为双手式握手,这不专业。它表达善意与友好,这是真的。但是它给人一种感觉,你象母亲照料婴儿一样照料面试者。在中国,这种双手式握手在家人与朋友之间是很常见的,不过在面试中不要使用。
5. THE FAR AWAY HANDSHAKE: where you extend your arm out as far as you can to grab the interview's hand before he/she lifts it. This is not professional. The FAR AWAY handshake expresses that you are too anxious and afraid. By extending your arm out, you keep the interview away, making him/her think you do not like or trust them. Trust is important in a professional business.
远距离握手:指的是在面试人还没有来得及抬起胳膊时,您就远远地把胳膊伸过去与对方握手。远距离握手显示了你心中的焦急和恐惧。这样远远地伸出胳膊会使得面试人不得不也远远地伸出胳膊,这样一来就离你有一段距离,从而使面试人认为你不喜欢或不信任他们。在职场和商业界,双方之间的信任是非常重要的事。
6. THE LONG HOLD AND PUMP HANDSHAKE: When you hold the interviewer's hand for a long time, occasionally pumping or quickly squeezing the palm. This is NOT professional. These actions show that you are overly nervous. Being too nervous at an interview is a sign that you are not able to do the job. NEVER use the LONG HOLD AND PUMP handshake.
长时间地握手并伴以上下摇晃对方的手:握着面试人的手有 一会儿,并不时地上下摇晃或轻轻挤压对方的手掌。这样的做法也是不职业化的行为。这样的行为显示你过度紧张。在面试时显得过于紧张是一种你无法胜任此项工作的表示。永远也不要采用这样的握手方式。
7. THE PROFESSIONAL HANDSHAKE: where you shake the interviewer's hand firmly as you look him/her in the eye, while also stating your name proudly. Even women should have a firm, but not TOO firm handshake. This shows that you are serious and professional about your occupation. Take the interviewer's hand when it is extended to you. Leave your arm in an L (90 degree angle). Shake twice, firmly, then let the hand drop away. The PROFESSIONAL handshake will create a business atmosphere of trust and equality. Your confidence will show that you are able and willing to do any job. This is the best way to make a good first impression.
职业化的握手:与面试人坚定地握手,并保持与对方的双眼进行正面接触,同时自豪地告诉面试人你的姓名。即使是女性也应与面试人进行坚定的握手,但要注意握手时不要过于强硬。恰到好处的握手表明你对自己的职业的严肃态度和敬业精神。当面试人把手伸向你的时候,你也应把手伸过去。让你的胳膊保持L形(90度角的状态)。握两次手,然后让双方的手自然松开。职业化的握手会为双方创造一种信任和平等的商业氛围。你的自信表明你能做而且愿
意做任何工作。这是给对方留下好印象的最佳途径。
BEC中级口语练习:公司运营不佳
Ⅰ.核心学习:公司发生了糟糕的事
Billy: Howdy, how are you all doing?
比利:你好,你们都还好吗?
Michael: We are just fine. How about you and your company?
迈克尔:我们都很好。你和你的公司最近怎么样?
Billy: As well as can be expected.
比利:预见之中。
Michael: What happened?
迈克尔:发生什么事了?
Billy: Can't you guess?
比利:你不能猜猜吗?
Michael: Did your company go bankrupt?
迈克尔:你的公司破产了吗?
Billy: You hit the nail on the head. We went bankrupt.
比利:你说的一点没错。我们的公司关门大吉了。
Michael: I am sorry to hear that.
迈克尔:很难过听到这个消息。
Billy: Not as sorry as we are.
比利:没有我们那么难过。
Michael: Is there anything I can do for you?
迈克尔:我可以帮你什么忙吗?
Billy: Now we are all in debt and unemployed. Can you lend us some money and help us find new jobs?
比利:现在我们都欠债累累而且失业在家了。你能借给我们一些钱并帮我们找到工作吗?
Michael: I will do my best. I will try.
迈克尔:我会尽力而为。我会努力帮你们的。
Ⅱ.单词简析
1) A dime a dozen : common, easy to find
普通的,容易找到的
ex:Low-paying jobs are a dime a dozen.
要想找到一份低工资的工作是轻而易举的事情。
2) Bankrupt : to lose all of your money, be broke
破产
ex:Ned's company is in bad shape. They are almost bankrupt.
耐德的公司经营状况很糟糕,他们几乎要面临破产的边缘。
3) Debt : to owe money,
债务,欠债
ex:My company is already in debt for one million dollars. I will do my best to pay you back.
我的公司已经欠了1百万美元,我会尽我最大的努力偿还你的钱。
4)Surplus : extra; too much
盈余,剩余
ex:Our store has a surplus of product.
我们的商店还有大量的产品积压。
5) You hit the nail on the head : yes, exactly
正确无误
ex:Yes, you are right, you hit the nail on the head.
是的,你对了,完全正确。
Ⅲ.课文篇
Bad Things That Can Happen at a Company
对于一个公司来说可能发生的糟糕的事情。
1) The worst thing that can happen to a company is bankruptcy. That is when the company loses all of its money and has to close its doors.
1) 对于一个公司来说,能够发生的最糟糕的事是破产。公司破产的时候就是公司的钱已经空了,不得不关门大吉的时候。
2) Another tragic, but common event is being deep in debt. After borrowing money, you must pay back the loan. However, if you don't have the money, you will have to borrow money from person B to pay back person A. This situation sends you deeper in debt.
2) 另外一件悲惨的事情、但是很常见的事是公司陷入债务的泥潭中无法拔出来。在你借钱后就要面临归还贷款的那一天。然而当你没有足够的钱还款的时候,你就得从B某人那里借钱用来还欠的A某人的钱。这种环环相扣的借钱还钱的状况会使你的财政状况变得更糟。
3) Having a huge surplus of goods can also be a bad thing. Most businesses work on a supply and demand system. If there is less of a product, you can sell it for a higher price. If there is too much of a product, you must sell it for less, thus losing money.
3) 储存大量的产品货物也是一件糟糕的事情。大多数的商务工作都是基于一种供求体系。如果市场上的某一种货物稀少,你就可以出高一些的价钱来出售。如果市场上某种货物的供应很多,那么你就需要以相对低的价格把货物卖出去,这样一来你得到的钱就少了一些。
Ⅳ.对话篇
Gordon: Howdy, how's business?
戈登:你好,你的生意进展得如何?
Molly: As well as can be expected since we are deep in debt.
莫莉:就象可以预见到的,我们欠债了。
Gordon: I am sorry to hear that. But didn't you say you had a surplus of your products?
戈登:很抱歉听到这个消息。可是我记得你说过你的库房里有很多积压的产品。
Molly: Our surplus is hurting sales. Everyone already has one. No one is buying our products now.
莫莉:我们的积压产品对销售有百害而无一利。每个人都已经有了我们的产品,现在没人再买我们的产品了。
Gordon: That sounds bad, real bad. Aren't you afraid of going bankrupt?
戈登:那听上去太糟糕了,真的太糟糕了。难道你不害怕破产吗?
Molly: You hit the nail on the head. We are worried.
莫莉:你说到了我的痛处。我们现在很担心这一点。
Gordon: I am sorry to hear that.Let me know if you need a new job.
戈登:我很抱歉听到这个消息。如果你需要找到一份新工作的话,请告诉我。
Molly: I have no plans of being unemployed. However, it may happen if we go broke.
莫莉:我现在对于失业还没有计划。然而,如果我们破产的话,这可能会发生的。
Gordon: Try to keep a positive attitude.
戈登:尽量保持一种积极的态度。
Molly: I guess you are right. Thanks for the advice.
莫莉:我猜你说得没错。谢谢你的建议。
Gordon: Anytime.
戈登:不客气。
BEC中级口语练习汇总2020
下一篇:返回列表